THE PART I DIDN'T SEE COMING

A poem about love, rejection, kuchezwa na kuchezana


Twas fun when it started...

Gotta admit,

The drama drew me in

I thought huh, 

This one I can tame

Swing him to my will

But boy was I wrong

The player queen

Always winning

Thrown into the ring

Crumbled like hot creme brulle 

Same game, same field, different players

Nilidhani namcheza, kumbe nachezwa

One night, became two

Maybe it was that good

Maybe he touched my soul

Made me remember what that felt like

When it was true....

With the right one

God, I'd missed it...

Missed the version of you I had built in my head

Made me build castles 

Things about your hustle

I had thought it all

What it would be like if maybe, 

just maybe…

We had it all….

Fucked around and got too attached to you

To the you I had built in my head rather

I didn’t see it coming

That’s what caught me off guard

The ones you don’t see coming…

How they play you like a fiddle

And when I said we could still be friends, 

Baby, 

Guess I lied.


Post a Comment

0 Comments