A Coward Of Love

                  

A coward of love, people who are too afraid to fall in love

A Coward Of Love

I didn't hide it

I never did

Showed you the best of me

And the worst too

I let you in too quick I guess

But slow ain’t really my forte

I know what I want and I go for it

Why wait, when life’s too short

Love too beautiful?

You took the bait

But honey,

First sign of trouble,

You ran

Left me wounded and broken

I’m not sure who you were tryna protect, 

Me or you?

Said that you’ve been hurt before

Felt this type of love before

I ain’t her

She ain't me

I’m not your foe

But a coward you were

Too scared to feel, too scared to let me in...

I read your text this morning

The one you sent at 3 am

Saying that you miss me

Saying that you wished you were holding me, kissing me, instead of missing me

Such a pity,

It would have been nice to see how our lives would have turned out.

It really would.

Too bad you were such a coward

A coward of love!

Now that ship has sailed baby

Sorry, but you missed the boat.


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Too scared to feel, too scared to let me in....OUCH!

    ReplyDelete